2016 Legislative Networking Event
You Are Invited
2016 MetroIBA Legislative Networking Event
Metro Independent Business Alliance (MetroIBA) will host a gathering for metro area legislators on Tuesday, February 23, from 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. at Flat Earth Brewing Company, 688 Minnehaha Ave. E., St. Paul, 651.698.1945 (easily located near the Capitol with plenty of off-street parking).
Our question: What are your legislative priorities for the 2016 session? How can MetroIBA help you? What can we do to help you sustain and grow local independent businesses that are vital to a healthy Minnesota economy? See event listing for more information.
Public Policy Committee Meetings
The MetroIBA Public Policy Committee meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month, noon - 1:15pm, at the MN Council of Nonprofits in Saint Paul.
We welcome you to join us and help advance MetroIBA's policy agenda.
MetroIBA 2016 Public Policy Agenda approved Nov 12, 2015:
Downloadable: 2016 Public Policy Agenda approved Nov 12, 2015
New Studies Reveal 5 Reasons Policymakers Should Prioritize Local Business in 2016
- Institute for Local Self-Reliance: https://ilsr.org/5-reasons-for-policymakers-to-prioritize-local-in-2016/
MetroIBA hosts Small Business Listening session on Minneapolis Sick Leave Mandate
Other Policy Committee News:
- MetroIBA letter to Gov Dayton regarding Amazon tax incentives in Shakopee (May 14, 2015)
- MetroIBA Survey for St. Paul School Board Candidates 2015 and survey responses: Mary Vanderwert, Pa Chua Vang, Jon Schumacher
- Local Independent Business Leaders Urge Senator Klobuchar to Oppose to Fast-Tracking the Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement (April 20, 2015)
- MetroIBA Public Policy Platform (adopted Nov 13, 2012)
- Healthcare Policy (adopted Oct 9, 2012)
- Internet Sales Tax Policy (2011)
- Sales Tax Letter to Senator Klobuchar (Dec 2011)
2014 MNSure Info:
Your source for everything local & independent in the Twin Cities