|10 Ways to Help Save Local Business|
|Independent business are the backbone of our communities. They create jobs, strengthen our cities, and recirculate 3X as much revenue per sales dollar into our communities. Here are the top 10 ways you can support then this holiday season:
SHOP LOCAL. Dedicate the next two months to shopping from local independent business rather than larger business. Take advantage of these key local shopping events:
● SHOP EARLY. Do your holiday shopping early which will make a big difference for local retailers. Visit a local business in a socially distant way. Or shop online.
● SUPPORT MINORITY-OWNED BUSINESS. Expand your holiday purchases to buy from businesses you have never done business with, including those owned by Black and Brown entrepreneurs.
● SUPPORT LOCAL RESTAURANTS . Make it a habit to order take out once or more every week. And try new restaurants!
● SUPPORT LOCAL ARTISTS . Purchase gift cards to buy art from an independent artist. Attend online art classes, exhibits and openings. Donate to the arts!
● ADOPT A LOCAL BUSINESS . Adopt one or more businesses that you want to promote and make a plan to be their best ambassador by promoting these businesses to your friends and family!
● PROMOTE ON SOCIAL MEDIA . Repost, reshare, and retweet the content of local businesses and share your experiences! Include #shopindielocal and #buylocal in you posts
● BUY A GIFT CARD. Purchase gift cards from small businesses as gifts or for yourself. It’s a great way to gift while also banking your money for future spending with entrepreneurs who need your help.
● MOVE YOUR MONEY . Open up an account with a local bank or credit union. Local financial institutions are the largest lenders to small businesses and greatly supported small businesses in getting federal money through the Paycheck Protection Program.
● DONATE TO A NON-PROFIT. MetroIBA and Springboard for the Arts are two non-profits dedicated to supporting independent business. But there are many local non-profits supporting our community. Take advantage of Give to the Max Day on November 19, and Giving Tuesday on December 1.
Thanks for all you do to make our community thrive!
Thanks to #ShopIndieLocal for content
Posted in Uncategorized