2018 Twin Cities Indie Business Awards – Nominations
The Twin Cities Indie Business Awards are held annually to celebrate the many economic and social benefits that local, independent business have on our communities. Due to the overwhelming response, the nomination deadline has been extended to June 30th. Nominations are open to all. Companies and Individuals may nominate as many businesses as they like (including their own) which they feel deserve recognition.
Award Categories – There are 4 business categories and 1 individual category as follows:
- Founders: A business with a consistent and long-term impact on the local community.
- Impact: A business committed to positively influencing the community through local sourcing and sustainable business practices.
- Emerging: A business in its beginning stages and is stepping to the forefront of our local independent business community.
- Nonprofit: A nonprofit that exemplifies giving back to the local community and upholding the values of our mission.
- The Gary Mazzone Award: An individual who advocates for local independent business in a way that inspires others.
Qualifying Nominee – Any Twin Cities area business or non-profit can be nominated provided they meet the following criteria:
- Must have their primary place of business in the 7-county Twin Cities Metropolitan Area: Anoka, Ramsey, Hennepin, Washington, Dakota, Scott, and Carver.
- Must be locally owned, at least 51% by individuals residing within a 50-mile radius of the Minnesota State Capitol Building.
- Must be free to make their own business decisions without the need for approval by owners or affiliates outside the area (this does not bar participation in decisions by minority owners residing outside the area).
- Must not be a publicly traded corporation.
- Have not previously won an Indie Business Award.
If you’re not sure the business or non-profit you’re nominating meets these criteria, please submit the nomination and MetroIBA will verify the nominee’s qualifications.
Qualifying Gary Mazzone Award Nominees:
- Must have their primary residence in the 7-county Twin Cities Metropolitan Area: Anoka, Ramsey, Hennepin, Washington, Dakota, Scott, and Carver.
The winners will be announced at the Twin Cities Indie Business Awards event in November.